- Try and make every show a good one
- Do as many gigs as possible in trying to make myself the best comic I can be
- Eat at least one piece of fruit at least once a week
- Keep it loose and experimental. Play around onstage more. People always say that’s the best bit
- Don’t go to Brooke’s bar
- If I do, don’t look over everyone’s shoulders cos someone from a sitcom is playing darts.
- Have a bareknuckle fight with Liam Pickford, shirtless, on cowgate at 3AM in the last week. It will be cathartic for all
- Try not to get infuriated by how much everything costs. A mediocre burger is £8 and we all have to deal with that
- On my day off, actually get out of the city
- Try not to let anyone doing clowning, physical theatre, improv or cabaret know how little you think of their much lesser artforms.
- See at least 2 plays. Sad ones, where teenage girls die on a backstreet abortionist’s table in 1930’s warsaw or where starving russian jews sing sad songs in a cellar before the mensheviks kill them. It’ll be good for you
- If I am attracted to an Australian barmaid, ask her out early in the festival rather than on the last night at 3 am when she has to work til 5 am, as she will move back to Australia and you will never see her again, apart from occasional photos of her in a bikini on facebook and that honestly makes it worse (Stupid cowardly 2011 me).
- Don’t read any reviews
- Don’t get angry that there are no reviews for you to avoid because you’re not “London-based”
- Try not to blame London for everything that’s wrong with comedy, even though it is.
- Don’t drink every day (even though that is the best bit)
Paul Savage: Cheerful Shambles is on daily 2-25th August (not 14th) at 4:20pm at Dragonfly bar.
I am also appearing daily in Free Tea and Biscuits 2-25th August (not 14th) at 12:05pm in Voodoo Rooms Speakeasy, with Aaron Twitchen and a host of guest headliners
Leave a Reply
- Round up of Liverpool’s Season 2014-2015
- Top 5 Sitcom Finales
- NEW SHOW: PAUL SAVAGE FINDS EVERY JOKE IN THE BIBLE
- My favourite jokes on the simpsons about universities
- Not every story needs to be told a thousand times
Paul Savage on Twitter
- May 2015
- January 2015
- May 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- March 2013
- December 2012
- September 2012